Waitrose launch into Food Lover’s Market
The VIP media lunch for the unveiling of the British top level retail brand, Waitrose, into Food Lover’s Market South Africa,.
Combining the quintessence of Britain and Africa in a 4 course sit-down lunch, including all décor and design elements.
Held at Sun City.
– I used a main theme of crowns and the coronation, crystal and the Kings silver to represent Britain.
– Proteas, honey birds and some elements in the various courses, to represent South Africa.
– Bespoke designed bunting using shweshwe design, incorporating crowns was strung up all over the room in dark navy and deep red – 5/6 variations.
– Bespoke emblem, menu design and ‘Coronation plates’ were designed and produced.
– Handmade rose fragrance to enhance the High Tea experience.
African hibiscus syrup in champagne
Handmade apple and mint sparkling drink
Four courses and palate cleanser:
The Smoking Salmon – Beetroot cured Scottish salmon with dill, beetroot, celery and a lemongrass dressing incorporating a Waitrose bottled sauce – Smoked at the last minute under a cloche using rooibos tea leaves.
Deconstructed Coronation Chicken – Coronation panna cotta with asparagus, cucumber, pistachios and apricot puree – Bespoke coronation plates were made reflecting a photograph of the Queens coronation – Waitrose gourmet products.
Palate Cleanser – African basil and lemon infusion – Rub the basil and twist the lemon peel to release the oils and rub onto the lip of the little bowls, drink and experience smell and taste together to enhance the flavour.
Baby Biltong Beef Wellingtons – Mini beef Wellingtons were made with biltong in the lining of the pastry, white onion puree, red wine reduction and baby vegetables. Edible gold paint finished off the little crowns on top of the Wellingtons – Waitrose consommé and gourmet mustard.
High Tea – We placed many silver vases of fresh roses onto the table at once and gave the guests a handmade rose perfume to spray into the air – this created the feel of an instant English Country Garden.
Waitrose tarts and sweet treats were placed on the table for a delectable high tea.